Information regarding your table booking at Ramsvik
The Edible Country is no ordinary dining experience. Here’s some information to give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive at the table at Ramsvik outside Gothenburg.
What does your booking entail?
You have reserved a seat at the table that stands out on the rocks at Ramsvik.
For 200 SEK/person you get a cooking kit that includes:
- Equipment - to be able to make and eat the food. Primus stove including gas cannister, coffee pot, plates, cutlery, glasses, cofee mugs and salt and peppar.
- Welcome brochure with recipe (created by Thomas Sjögren, Sweden’s Chef of the Year 2015) and information about the nature reserve where the table is situated. It also contains tips on what’s growing nearby that you can pick to add flavour to your dish, such as seaweed or berries (in the right season)
- Ingredients basket- A basket with ingredients to make the recipe created by Thomas Sjögren (new potatoes, matjes herring, butter and sour cream).
Good to know:
- The cooking kit is collected from and paid for on arrival at Ramsvik Stugby & Camping.
- Make sure you dress for the weather (it can be windy on the coast).
- The booking is for 12.00 -18.00 only. Return the hired cooking kit to Ramsvik Stugby & Camping no later than 18.00.
- Any cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours before arrival. Please note also that Ramsvik Stugby & Camping has the right to cancel your reservation when there is a risk of extreme weather or danger of fire.
- If you have any questions about your booking contact Ramsvik Stugby & Camping. firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)523–50303
Photographer: Kristina Gillerstedt
If you want to make your stay extra special, we recommend the following:
- Buy fresh seafood to bring with – Buy a bag of freshly cooked prawns or crayfish to complement your meal. Go by the fish shop in Hunnebostrand (Norra Strandgatan 7, by the harbour) or Göstas Fisk in Smögen (Fiskhamnsgatan 32, on the Smögen boardwalk) Both are around 10 km from Ramsvik.
- Go on a sea fishing trip –Go out with professional fishermen Tommy and Martin from Smögens Fiske & Skärgårdsturer on a 4-hour fishing trip (starting from their fishing hut, Sälebådsvägen 33 in Smögen). The boat can take a maximum of 12 people and the usual catches are mackerel, cod, saithe and whiting. You’ll get a lovely trip in Bohuslän’s beautiful archipelago and might also spot seals. (NB! Must be booked in advance!)
- Go for a walk around Ramsvik – The whole of Ramsvikslandet, also known as the Kingdom of the Rocks, is a nature reserve with fantastic walking possibilities. A walk round the whole island takes around two to three hours. You’ll find maps of the different walking trails at Ramsvik Stugby & Camping.
- Stay the night – Why rush off? There are lots of cosy cabins sleeping 2-7 people at Ramsvik Stugby & Camping
The Edible Country
Cook together with good friends, discover new and exciting ingredients and get close to Swedish nature. There are three tables you can book in West Sweden: one on Ramsvik in Bohuslän, one at Gunnebo House near Gothenburg and one by the Göta canal.