Kayaks and SUP-boards
In Hjo you can rent kayaks and stand up paddle boards. There are two single kayaks, one tandem kayak and two SUP-boards available to rent. Bookings are made via Hjo Tourist Information, and kayaks and boards are available at the outdoor pool area in Hjo harbor. From here you can easily paddle out on lake Vättern.
Booking and rental season 2019
Rental season from Monday 17 June until Sunday 18 August 2019.
2 hour rental: 11: 00-13: 00, 13: 00-15: 00, 15: 00-17: 00.
One day rental (6 hours): between 11: 00-17: 00 (unless otherwise agreed).
24 hour rental: commencing at 11:00 or at 17:00.
2 hour rental:
Kayak SEK 220
Tandemkayak SEK 420
SUP SEK 220
One day rental (6 hours):
Kayak SEK 350
Tandemkayak SEK 700
SUP SEK 350
24 hour rental:
Kayak SEK 550
Tandemkayak SEK 1100
SUP SEK 550
Our kayaks and stand up paddle boards
You can rent single kayak, tandem kayak (double kayak) or stand up paddle boards.
Our single kayaks: EK kajak Fit 147 S
Our double/tandem kayak: DK Esperanto
Our stand up paddle boards: SUP Corall 10,8
- Certain prerequisites are required.
- Life jackets, paddles and waterproof mobile pockets are provided.
- Plastic mobile case is free of charge - included in price.
- Tutorial video is displayed at the rental time.
- Age limit: 18 years. Identification is required.
- All paddling in a rented kayak or on a SUP-board is at your own risk.
- Life jacket must be used for all paddling (these are included).
- You have to be able to swim.
- As a customer, you sign a rental contract at the time of rental.
- Hjo Tourist Information has no insurance you can use.
- In case of lost or damaged equipment you are liable for damages.
Thus, check your insurance coverage before renting a kayak / SUP board.
- We reserve the right to refuse rental in case of intoxication.
- We reserve the right to refuse rental if we consider the guest to be too inexperienced for the prevailing, awaited weather, or if we consider the customer to be exposed to any danger.
- If you find yourself at danger on the lake - call the Sea Rescue Company Visingsö - at your own expense.
Contact: 0705-80 81 52. In case of emergency: 112.
Depot for Vätternkajak
As of 2018, Hjo is one of VätternKajak's unmanned depots.
More info: www.vatternkajak.se