Golf profile about Western Sweden: Linnea Ström,
Hello... Linnea Ström, golfer from Hovås who is going pro after a few years as an amateur and college player in the US. Her CV includes European team championship, participation in Junior Ryder and Solheim Cup, and an American college title.
What is your connection to West Sweden?
- I was born and grew up in Hovås, 15 minutes south of Gothenburg.
Can you name a few special places that make your West-Swedish heart beat a little faster?
- I would say Skaftö, Smögen and Liseberg of course!
What is your favourite restaurant in West Sweden?
- One of my favourites is Blomstermåla, which is in Särö. I go there every summer for a lunch or dinner. It’s right by the sea, so the views are great, you can really enjoy the west coast there.
Which are your favourite golf courses in West Sweden?
- My home club, Göteborgs GK. It has a special place in my heart, because I grew up there and have spent a huge amount of time there. It’s a fantastic setting, right by the sea, and it has lots of varied holes that suit most golfers.
What is the best thing about West Sweden?
- The countryside and the proximity to the sea, in combination with all the good food