Alhagen was built in the 1860s as an English park with a restaurant in the Swiss style and a music pavilion in an area which used to be kitchen garden and pasture.
Around 1905 came the sports movement to the park. Approximately 1915 built the first tennis court. Miniature golf course, which is now heritage listed, arrived in 1945 and is known for including its orbit where the shuttle lift. A memorial of rough hewn granite reminiscent of the founding father of the park was Minister Jonas Waern, who was governor in Skaraborg County 1857-1866.
The little yellow house is today scout hut. "Archaeological cottage", originally from the 1700s, was moved to Alhagen from Böckersboda 1940th. "Kaisa's cottage", the smaller cottage with a turf roof, was moved here from Björsäter in the beginning of the century.
In Alhagen there would be a copy of each Swedish wild trees, but also a lot of foreign tree species were planted by English model, such as larch, which was unusual in Sweden at that time.