({{search.Data.length}} results)
Part of

Photographer: Johan Törnroth

World Cup Route 76 km

Road cycling

A challenging road circuit that follows the same route as the UCI Women’s World Cup in Vårgårda. The circuit is a total of 76 km long Including connections to and from Alingsås and contains four sections on gravel roads.

Length: 76 km
Elevation: 1,418 m

See the route on AllTrails




Cycle the same roads as the world elite

The UCI Women’s World Cup has an annual weekend in Vårgårda. The circuit itself is 55 km, but including a connection to and from Alingsås, this route is 76 km in total. The circuit is 90 percent on good quality asphalt roads and the remaining 10 percent on hard packed gravel roads. Some sections have more traffic, others less.

Start in Alingsås

From Alingsås you cycle along pedestrian and cycle paths past the Borgen industrial area towards the E20 where you cycle one kilometre before turning off towards Ljurhalla. The E20 highway is wide, but it’s busy so take care when turning on and off.

After 5-6 kilometres you turn off towards Skogsbygden and tackle the circuit’s toughest hill at almost one hundred metres in height. This is also the first section of gravel road. Turn off at the yellow sign towards Skanterna and keep going until you reach the asphalt road again and cycle past Nårunga, with a magnificent view of the hilly landscape.

Before long you will arrive in Ljurhalla and will cross highway 42. At this point you have completed a third of the circuit. The road from Ljurhalla to Asklanda is gently undulating. Be sure to take in the view at Ornunga church, where on a clear day you can see all the way to Ålleberg in Falköping. At Asklanda you turn onto route 182 for just under two kilometres and then turn right into the village with the wonderful name of Kvinnestad (Woman’s Town), where the second section of gravel road awaits.

A well-deserved coffee break in Vårgårda

A winding asphalt road takes you towards Vårgårda, and just before the town you can turn off to take the third stretch of gravel road or continue on the asphalt past Tånga Hed straight into Vårgårda. You will get a well-deserved fika break at Stjärnegärdet's Kök & Fik or at the classic Konditori Centrum. There is also Mathias Kök & Rum, where you can eat and spend the night.

After Vårgårda, approximately four kilometres along highway 42 towards Borås, at a four-way intersection, turn off towards Alingsås onto a smaller asphalt road again. Turn onto the gravel road towards Finnatorp and keep going until you reach Horla, where you come out onto asphalt again and continue south towards Kärtared. From here you take the same route back to Alingsås that you came from, unless you fancy one more lap of course!

In Alingsås there are plenty of restaurants, cafés and overnight accommodation.

Book a cycling package with accommodation at Grand Hotel Alingsås.

Download GPX-file


Pictures from the area



Three things to remember as a road cyclist:

  • Cycle safely. Always wear a helmet and have a repair kit with you in case of an accident. Some roads may be busier than others and the surface may vary
  • Show respect for pedestrians, motorists, and other cyclists. Remember you are not alone on the roads
  • Protect nature by always disposing of rubbish responsibly. Keep hold of wrappers from energy bars and the like until you find a bin


Find more cycling



Contact information

Alingsås turistbyrå

Bankgatan 3


Phone: +46322616200

E-mail: Send e-mail

Website: kafestaden.se