Edslan fishing area is located in Edsleskog and is a lake surrounded by beautiful mountains. At the lake there is a boat ramp and a campsite. If you want to stay overnight, Edsleskogs Wärdshus offers accommodation by the lake. There are also nice hiking trails in the area.
Lake Edslan is a clear water lake with visibility at nearly 9 meters. Good possibilities for accomodation near the lake and a good launching ramp in the south east part. The shoreline along Edslan is mostly rocky with coniferous forest sloping down to the lake. The inflow comes from Abborretjärn, Slommetjärn and Backatjärn. The runoff is a smaller river in about 1 km running down to Bräcketjärn. There is sparingly with vegetation in the bays. Edslan are popular as a fishing lake but also used as a canoe lake.
In Edslan there are big pikes! All pike fishing is done by Catch & Release. That means, all caught pike are released back alive! There are also plenty of big perch. The species that are otherwise; roach, burbot, ruffe, whitefish, vendace and a small trout population. There may also be char remaining in the lake after the releases made for nearly 30 years ago. All fishing in Edslan needs a boat. The maximum depth in Edslan is 39 meters.
- Including: Lake Edslan
- Area: 553 ha
- Fish Species: Pike, Perch, Roach, Whitefish, Vendace, Burbot, Eel, Trout, Rainbow trout.
- General fishing regulations.
- Free fishing for children up to 16 years.
- Trolling is not allowed.
- Fishing with angeldon (tip up fishing device) is not allowed.
Boat ramp is in the southeast part near Edsleskogs Wärdshus. GPS: 59.05898, 12.45305 (WGS 84 decimal).
Day: 50 SEK
Month: 100 SEK
Year: 200 SEK
You can buy your fishing license here
- Åmål Tourist Information +46(0)532-17098
- Bengtsfors Tourist Agency +46(0)531-526355
- Bengt Eriksson, Vitsippevägen 10 Edsleskog, +46(0)532-51128
- Rune Emanuelsson, Närsidan tel. +46(0)423 45, +46(0)70- 890 26 06
- Birgitta Olsson, Strand, Edsleskog, +46(0)532 510 58, +46(0)70 582 50 69
- Jan-Erik Torslund, Konvaljevägen, Edsleskog, +46(0)532-519 00,
You can also buy your fishing license online at: www.ifiske.se
Contact for the Fishing area
Reiner Jansson, Killingen, 66291 Åmål. +46(0)0532-51079