Edslan fishing area is located in Edsleskog and is a lake surrounded by beautiful mountains. At the lake there is a boat ramp and a campsite. If you want to stay overnight, Edsleskogs Wärdshus offers accommodation by the lake. There are also nice hiking trails in the area.
Lake Edslan is a clear water lake with visibility at nearly 9 meters. Good possibilities for accomodation near the lake and a good launching ramp in the south east part. The shoreline along Edslan is mostly rocky with coniferous forest sloping down to the lake. The inflow comes from Abborretjärn, Slommetjärn and Backatjärn. The runoff is a smaller river in about 1 km running down to Bräcketjärn. There is sparingly with vegetation in the bays. Edslan are popular as a fishing lake but also used as a canoe lake.
In Edslan there are big pikes! All pike fishing is done by Catch & Release. That means, all caught pike are released back alive! There are also plenty of big perch. The species that are otherwise; roach, burbot, ruffe, whitefish, vendace and a small trout population. There may also be char remaining in the lake after the releases made for nearly 30 years ago. All fishing in Edslan needs a boat. The maximum depth in Edslan is 39 meters.
- Including: Lake Edslan
- Area: 553 ha
- Fish Species: Pike, Perch, Roach, Whitefish, Vendace, Burbot, Eel, Trout, Rainbow trout.
General swedish fishing rules apply.
- Net fishing, trolling and fishing with angeldon not allowed.
- You have to buy your fishing licenses at least one hour before the fishing begins.
- The fishing license must be worn visibly.
- The fishing license is only valid if the date and time are written on your fishing license.
- Allowed fishing tools are; fishing rod, casting rod or jig rod.
Boat ramp is in the southeast part near Edsleskogs Wärdshus. GPS: 59.05898, 12.45305 (WGS 84 decimal).
Day: 50 SEK
Month: 100 SEK
Year: 200 SEK
No free fishing for children.
You can buy your fishing license here
- Åmål Tourist Information +46(0)532-17098
- Bengtsfors Tourist Agency +46(0)531-526355
You can also buy your fishing license online at: www.ifiske.se
Contact for the Fishing area
Reiner Jansson, Killingen, 66291 Åmål. +46(0)532-51079