Västra Silen Fishing area
Lake Västra Silen is well-known sports fishing water and one of the largest lakes in the Dalsland Canal lake system. It is located between lakes Lelång and Östra Silen in northwestern Dalsland and southwestern Värmland. It is possible to take your boat from lakes Lelång and Östra Silen through the locks to Lake Västra Silen or to launch it at one of the many slipways on the lake. In all a very exciting lake for the sports fisherman.
Lake Västra Silen is a clear-water lake with both deep areas and some coves larger, shallower bays. Many of the shores consist of cliffs and mountains. In mid-lake, there is almost an archipelago feeling. The section is full of islands, islets and skerries, especially around Gustavsfors. The same is true further north near Årjäng. The Dalsland and Värmland provinces have an almost even segment of the lake. The thin settlement around the lake together with the forested, rocky shores lend a sense of wilderness.
Lake Västra Silen is widest at its middle where the greatest depths are. The lake has a solid stock of primarily pike and perch. The chance of landing salmon and trout is also good, if that is your goal. This is truly a lake where you can stake out a favorite spot for whatever type of fishing.
- Including: Västra Silen, Skogstjärn, Klipperudstjärn, Göteborgstjärnet and Orremossetjärnet.
- Area: 2210 ha
- Fish species: Pike, perch, salmon, brown trout, char, rainbow trout, bream, tench, rudd, roach, bleak, eel, vendace, lavaret and ruffe.
- The regular fishing licence allows 2 rods each, the trolling licence allows 4 rods.
- Minimum size for salmon, brown trout and char is 60 cm.
- Max 4 salmonoid fish may be kept per boat and day or max 2 per licence and day.
- Tilled fields, private residential property is off limits as is other fenced areas.
- There is no charge for children and youths under 16 years fishing with their .
- In addition general fishing rules are in force, as well as rules regarding no fishing in all creeks and brooks in the FVO area.
- Boat ramp: South and middle parts: Kråkviken 59° 8'34.89"N / 12°12'26.16"O; Vammerviken 59°13'16.61"N / 12° 7'47.40"O; Bottnaneviken 59°14'19.14"N / 12°11'35.11"O.
You can buy a fishing license here
Shop SE Skogstjänst: +46(0)531-619 84
Supermarkt Optimistens Lanthandel, Gustavsfors: Tel. +46 (0)531-20 021
Silverlake Canoeing, Bengtsfors: Tel. +46 (0)46-531-106 40, +46(0)531-121 73
Bensinstation Statoil, Bengtsfors: Tel. +46 (0)46-531-71991
Gunnel Andrée, Vammerviken: Tel. +46 (0)531-201 07
- Day: 60 kr
- Week: 200 kr
- Year: 300 kr
- Trolling day: 200 kr
- Trolling week: 500 kr
- Trolling year: 1.000 kr