Norra Kornsjön fishing area
Lake Norra Kornsjön is the northernmost of the Kornsjö lakes. The shoreline is mostly forested. The lake forms the boundary between Sweden and Norway. Your fishing licence is valid throughout the lake.
As there are common bleak in the lake, the best method is to catch some of them and then use them as bait for catching perch. Lake Norra or Northern Kornsjön is an excellent alternative for catching large pike. The favorite bait for pike is fish at around 10% of the pike’s own weight. Thus, there is every reason to use as large wobblers as the equipment can handle. Pike prefers to swim in the middle or top of the water as they hunt schools of bleak or roach. Early in the morning or at twilight the pike are found in shallower water.
- Location: Norra Kornsjön also the Norwegian part.
- The lake has solid stocks of pike, perch, bleak and roach. There is also some lavaret and eel.
- Boat ramp: There is a natural boatramp at "Kornsjöbukta" for launching smaller boats. Coming from Dals-Ed you turn to the right several hundred metres prior to the border between Sweden and Norway. A new slipway is being built at Jakobsrud.
- Hand tools only.
- Fishing is allowed throughout the year 1/1 - 31/12.
- Included in the Dals-Ed's Municipal Fishing Card.
You can buy your fishing card here:
Fiskespecialisten i Ed