Maintain the nature
- 25 Oct, 2018
Think of our nature, whether you paddle, bike or travel with your own vehicle.
The Right of Public Access (Allemansrätt)
- Prohibition against making fires is in force in Dalsland by the lakes Stora Lee, Lelång, Ärtingen, Västra Silen, Östra Silen, Svärdlång, Bengtsbrohöljen, Laxsjön and Råvarp during the period 1.5 until 30.09. Open fire is allowed in the official DANO fire pits.
- Groups of more than five people must use campsites at night.
- Campfires are only allowed if there is no fire risk. In drought, fire is often prohibited.
More about DANO
Take care of the environment when you are out in nature.
- Motor vehicles are forbidden in natural surroundings. Remember this when camping by caravan or a motorized mobile home!
- Fishing and hunting rights are not included within the rights of common law. Valid fishing cards must be purchased before fishing takes place in our lakes and streams.
- Keep an eye on your dog/s and, if applicable other pets, and remember that a lead must be coupled to your pet/s from 1.3 – 20.08.
- Avoid any disturbance of birds and wild life. Bird sanctuaries (signposted) 1.4 to 31.8.
Respect the forestry and agriculture!
- You are not allowed to trespass on fields or meadows.
- Use only pathways and roads that lead you past any cultivated areas. Close gates and fences after you have gone through.
- You are not allowed to take twigs, bark or branches from living trees or bushes. Do not damage any crops or young trees.
- Camp or rest only in places without harming young forest or seed.
You can even help to preserve nature and the environment by carrying out the following
- Leave your tent or picnic area clean.
- Never leave your waste in nature!
- Always consider the situation of those living around you!
- Do not camp in the immediate neighborhood of residential buildings without the owner's permission.