Trollhättan Bike Pool
Discovering Trollhättan by bike is not only easy but also a great way to see much of what the city has to offer. You can easily reach many of the city's popular sights with a bike and if you don't have your own bike with you, you can easily rent one from Trollhättan Bike Pool.
About the bike pool in Trollhättan
Bicycle racks with bikes for rent are available at four locations in central Trollhättan. Here you rent, pick up and drop off the bikes. You can stop, lock and unlock your bike whenever and wherever you want, but to end the rent, you must leave the bike at one of the places where the bike racks are located.
The locks on the bikes are electronic and controlled with the same app used to rent the bikes. They are available with two different adjustable seats, one for longer and one for slightly shorter cyclists.
The bikes are of the unisex model.
Here you will find the bikes
Bicycle racks with bikes, the so-called nodes, are currently found in four places in central Trollhättan:
- The Trollhättan Travel Center (The train station)
- Kungsgatan main street
- University West
- Innovatum District
How it works
- Right now, there are four nodes in central Trollhättan where you rent, pick up and drop of the bikes. See information above for their locations.
- You can stop, lock and unlock your bike whenever and wherever you want, but to end the rent, you must leave the bike at one of the nodes.
- You use your app to lock the bikes.
- Please wear a bicycle helmet when cycling.
- The bicycles and nodes are owned and maintained by the City of Trollhättan.
- GoRide has created and is responsible for the booking system used to rent and handling the payment of the bike rent.
Renting a bike
You need to be at least 18 years old to create an account and be able to use the bike pool. The account is personal and applies to one bike at a time, which means that you cannot rent several bikes at the same time from one and the same account. Price: 10 SEK for the first hour, thereafter 33 öre (0,33 SEK) per minute.
- Register an account with GoRide: link here
- Shortly thereafter you will receive an email on the e-mail address you have registered. Read and approve the terms and conditions to continue your registration.
- Follow the instructions to continue your registration. You need to enter your name, address, mobile number and register a bank card.
- Download the GoRide app in the AppStore or Google Play.
- Log in with your account.
- When you are logged in to the app, you can click on the question mark at the top right to get more information on how to book and lock the bike, end your booking and how to report any errors.
Discover Trollhättan by bike
Trollhättan is an excellent city to discover by bike as there are plenty of bike paths and several large bike trails that pass through the area. We have created a page with tips on bike paths, where you can find air pumps and can download the city's bike map.