Alliance MTB Race
The Alliance MTB Race is the ideal race if you are looking to expand your mountain biking horizons. The course starts at Trollhättan's beautiful waterfall area before winding its way up through forest-clad hills.
What is the Alliance MTB Race?
The Alliance MTB Race is a mountain bike race that takes place in Trollhättan. The race is open to recreational and elite cyclists and takes place over varying terrain, both in terms of surface and gradient.
The start and finish lines are in the beautiful waterfall and lock area, where both competitors and spectators are offered an incredible view of the magnificent Trollhättan Waterfalls. Not only has this iconic area been shaped by the powerful forces of nature over millions of years, it is also a fitting tribute to the town’s fascinating industrial heritage.
When does the race take place?
Saturday August 24, 2019.
You can choose from three distances: 25 km, 37.5 km, and 75 km. The categories are:
- ELITE 75 km, Men, Women (min. 15 years)
- SPORT 75 km, Men, Women (min. 15 years)
- RECREATION 37.5 km, Men, Women (min. 15 years)
- MTB INTRO 25 km, Men, Women (min. 15 years)
- JUNIOR 25 km, Girls, Boys (11 – 14 years)
The race starts at Hansenplatsen, beside the Trollhättan Waterfalls. It then continues into the falls area, through the Strömslund forest, and out towards Lake Öresjö, before turning back. Designed by the two highly experienced MTB cyclists Ralph Boman and Daniel Dalek, the course includes gravel roads, single-track roads, and tractor paths, with a little asphalt here and there.
The 25 km course mostly follows jogging tracks and well-established trails and is not as technically challenging. The 37.5 km course on the other hand is one of Sweden's most demanding MTB recreational courses, putting the competitors’ technique and physique to the test. Those taking part in the 75 km race complete two laps of the 37.5 km course.
The closing date for entries is Sunday August 11, 2019. Late entries will be accepted up until Saturday, August 24.
Did you know?
- The Alliance MTB Race was first held in 2017 in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of the Alliance Roller-Ski Race.
- Children up to 10 years of age are welcome to take part in the Alliance MTB Children’s Race. Everyone receives a medal and a hotdog at the end.
- The Alliance MTB Race is part of a whole week of sporting events in Trollhättan. In addition to mountain biking, there are recreational races and competitions in a variety of sports, including running, fencing, wrestling, kayaking, roller-skiing, and rugby.
- During the Alliance Race week, the elite competitors take part in what is known as the Nations Challenge – an international duel between Sweden and Norway covering a wide range of disciplines.
West Sweden Action Weeks bring together a series of races for running, canoeing, cycling, swimming, and roller-skiing enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. We offer experiences and surroundings that are truly amazing. A memorable occasion for competitors and spectators alike, and with a firm emphasis on sustainability.