SUP in Bohuslän
- Enjoy the West Coast with paddle in hand.
Bohuslän on the Swedish West Coast has many places that are perfect for stand up paddle boarding. If this is the first time you are going to try SUP, we recommend that you head for the inner archipelago where nature is lush with many secluded coves and the water is calm and still. You could, for example, start from Stenungsund, Ljungskile or Uddevalla.
If you are used to SUP boarding and want something a little more challenging, you might find the outer coastline more appealing. For example, in the areas around Grebbestad or Strömstad the views are more open, which also means that the wind can be a little stronger. Remember to always pay attention to the weather when SUP boarding, especially in open water. And never head out with a board on your own.
Companies that hire out SUP in Bohuslän:
- Anfasteröd Gårdsvik, Ljungskile
- Destination Bokenäset, Uddevalla
- Kajaktiv Tjörn, Bleket
- Kayakomat Kungsviks Camping, Strömstad
- Kayakomat First Camp Solvik, Kungshamn
- Kayakomat Johannesviks Camping, Kungshamn
- Kayakomat, Hunnebostrand
- Koster Adventures, Sydkoster
- Nautopp, Grebbestad
- Saltviks Camping, Grebbestad
- Skärgårdsidyllen Kayak & Outdoor, Grebbestad
- Smögens Kajakäventyr, Väjern
- Sweden West Coast Experience, Stenungsund
- Tanumstrand, Grebbestad
- Vann, Lysekil
Courses, SUP-yoga and luxury boarding
Nautopp and Skärgårdsidyllen Kayak & Outdoor offer SUP courses and opportunities to try SUP-yoga. Courses are also available with Kajaktiv Tjörn. If you want a complete esxperience you could book a luxury SUP package with Sweden West Coast Experience that includes a rest stop for mussels and fresh prawns.