Canoeing in Dalsland
– Sweden’s Lake District
Dalsland has, without doubt, one of Europe's most beautiful lake systems, which in many ways is just made for canoeing. Since most of the lakes are long and narrow, there are rarley any waves to speak of. In almost total silence you can travel without disturbing the wildlife that surrounds you. You become a part of nature.
Conditions for canoeing in Dalsland vary greatly in character and degree of difficulty. Dalsland's southern lakes offer safe conditions, perfect for ’social’ kayaking that takes you past small communities and through picturesque lock systems along the Dalsland Canal. You will become part of the canal’s boat life, meet people, take breaks for ice cream, eat good dinners and spend the nights in comfort.
In the northern parts of the lake system the surroundings are more magnificent. Wild, vast and harshly beautiful. The lakes are larger, which means that the waves are a little higher and the distances a little longer and nature more powerful. Canoeing here is guaranteed to feel like a real adventure.
Rental and/or packages
- Alcatraz, Bengtsfors - accommodation, canoe rental, canoe packages
- Bootshaus, Bengtsfors - accommodation, canoe rental
- Ragnerud, Högsäter - accommodation, canoe rental, canoe packages
- Silverlake, Bengtsfors - accommodation, canoe rental
- Rolfskärrs stugby, Tösse- accommodation, canoe rental