Information regarding your table booking at Gunnebo House
The Edible Country is no ordinary dining experience. Here’s some information to give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive at the table at Gunnebo House outside Gothenburg.
What does your reservation entail?
Your reservation is for a place at the table that stands in the oak grove in the historic country estate of Gunnebo.
For 200 SEK/person you get a cooking kit that includes:
- A basket with ingredients (to make a Swedish, vegetarian summer meal consisting of butter sautéed carrot with chervil, wild herb salad, egg, and hazelnut yoghourt, bread and a Swedish fika with coffee).
- All the equipment you’ll need to be able to make the food yourselves and eat it.
- Recipe created by Gunnebo’s chefs and information about how to find the table. You’ll also get tips on what’s growing nearby that you can pick to add flavour to your dish, such as herbs or berries (in the right season).
Good to know:
- Payment is made when you book.
- The cooking kit is collected and paid for on arrival at Gunnebo Coffee House and Restaurant. More info below.
- Remember to dress appropriately for the weather.
- The booking is valid 11.00 -16.30 only. Return the hired cooking kit to Gunnebo Coffee House and Restaurant no later than 16.30.
- Please note that the table can be booked by two parties at the same time, which means that you might not be alone there. But the table is big so there is enough room for everyone!
- Any cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours before arrival. Please also note that Gunnebo has the right to cancel your reservation when there is a risk of extreme weather or danger of fire.
- If you have any questions about your booking contact Gunnebo House and Gardens email@example.com or +46 (0)31-334 16 00
If you want to make your stay extra special we recommend the following:
- Guided tour of the House – Gunnebo House and Gardens was built as a country residence for the prosperous merchant John Hall and his family. The neoclassical house stands on a hill, with a view of the surrounding countryside. Let our guides entertain you with the fascinating history of the Hall family’s rise and fall. Guided tours in Swedish and English take place daily from 23 June – 31 August.
- Canoing, mini golf and swimming – Lake Stensjö offers lovely canoeing and refreshing dips. Hire a canoe and finish off with a round of mini golf and a dip in the lake. Stensjö Center (NB! Pre-booking is recommended)
- Walk the Bohusleden Trail – Gunnebo’s historic estate is surrounded by very beautiful countryside. Take the opportunity to extend your day by walking part of the Bohusleden Trail, stage 1 Blåvättnerna-Stensjön or stage 2 Stensjön-Skatås. www.bohusleden.se
The Edible Country
Cook together with good friends, discover new and exciting ingredients and get close to Swedish nature. There are three tables you can book in West Sweden: one on Ramsvik in Bohuslän, one at Gunnebo House near Gothenburg and one by the Göta canal.